Facultad de Psicología - Universidad de Murcia - Campus de Espinardo
30100 Murcia Murcia
1st class honours degree in Psychology from the Autonomous University of Madrid, and doctorate cum laude in Psychology from Murcia University. Postgraduate studies at the University of California (Los Angeles), University of South California, Harvard Medical School, and Strathclyde University (Glasgow). Invited lecturer at the Université Catholique, Lille (April 1991), in the framework of the Erasmus programme, and at the University of Guadalajara, Mexico (September 2006).
- Chair of Psychobiology at Murcia University, lecturing on psychophysiology and physiologic psychology.
- Ex-president of the Spanish Psychophysiology Society.
- From 1995-2003, Director General of Universities of Murcia.
- From 1992-1993, head of communications for the SPRINT programme for Technology Innovation and Transfer of the European Commission in Luxembourg.
Author of a large number of papers published in national and international journals, as well as books on psychology (psychobiology and communication psychology): Psicofisiología (Síntesis, 1995), Aprender a Comunicarse en Público (Paidós, 2001), Manual de Comunicación Persuasiva para Juristas (La Ley, 2000; 2008), Marketing de Servicios Profesionales (Pearson, 2002; 2005), Estrés Laboral (Pearson, 2004) y La Psicología de la Mentira (Paidós, 2005).
- Biology of timidity
- Psychology of Lying: a Paradox and Ten Questions
- Technostress: the Dark Side of New Technology